2.27.2008

On Nostalgia

After almost salivating over the ITUNES essential tracklisting for the year 1992, Brandon and I talked about nostalgia. And how maybe its just the self realization of purpose. In my words, its the moment when things that are now cloudy used to be clear. Like 1992, was my personal moment of my last pure connection with music. Pre Nirvana, music for me wasn't connected to identity. The radio station was what I listened to, it wasn't supernecessary to my being to know who was cool and what songs they played. I remember bringing my radio to the pool and hearing En Vogue, Prince and Arrested Development. I remember coming home from church to hear Casey's Top 40. Now it seems strange that I heard November Rain and Bohemian Rhapsody once an hour for a whole summer. And had no idea who each song was by.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

i would go to church and tape casey kasem so I could see who was number one when I got home. I found one of those tapes one day and put it on and he had an acapella group singing, "Be My Lover" by La Bouche.

ryan seacrest ain't got nothin' on casey.