4.08.2007

Tim Armstrong - A Poet's Life

I'm looking forward to Tim Armstrong's new album. I just watched the video for the song he recorded with Skye Sweetnam called "Into Action"



A Poet's Life, the album, will be released in May on Hell Cat Records, but Armstrong has been posting tracks from it on his website and has plans to post the rest in the coming months. Why I think this album is going to be so good is that the Aggrolites appear on it. The Aggrolites are the best band playing in L.A. and are one of the best bands I've ever seen live. They are a supertight traditional ska band that incorporate elements of soul. Armstrong is a great songwriter. His work with Pink, Gwen Stefani, and Kelly Osborne show he can work well in strictly pop structures. Not that this is going to be a pop record, I just see potential coming from his working with Skye Sweetnam. With Lily Allen's pop/ska samples on Alright Still, maybe there's room for a North American (Sweetnam is Canadian) pop/ska crossover.

Also the Aggrolites have a new record coming out in June.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

ugh it bugs me that he's working with skye. I just saw a video where she came out and sang with rancid at one of their shows.. I don't like hheerrrr. I saw her once and she covered Blondie and before she played it she told everyone that she had "Skye-ified" it. And Skye-ifying things makes things TERRIBLLLEEE i dont like her. what are they doing associating with her?! but... i do like this song.. it's like older rancid..