2.26.2007

On the Oscars

I didn't watch the Oscars, but it made me happy to know that Scorsese won best director and best picture. And even though I didn't watch them, I was there on Thursday. I took the train into Hollywood to meet Allison. When I got off at Hollywood & Highland, it was crazy. All of Hollywood Blvd was closed off for the Awards.



Allison and I went to see Kevin McDonald's one man show at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater. It was good, a lot of material about his father, but many interesting facts and jokes about The Kids in the Hall.


The Departed was fucking good.

2 comments:

e. Styles said...

Im with you on the whole Scorsese is awesome thing. We talked about him never getting best director till now, and how lame that was in my film class, then viewed "The King of Comedy." Sometimes, group think is dangerous. I'm saying that in regards to the Academy, but we know it applies to lots of other things too.

Jamie said...

"the departed" was AWESOME. I was happy it won. I had no idea it was nominated for as much as it was, but it deserved the win.