I saw this documentary last night at the REDCAT. 10 Chinese villagers were given digital video cameras to make 10-minute films about their lives. This one that really stuck with me was made by a middle-aged women. She filmed a group of villagers rebuilding someone’s house. Periodically people would ask her what she was doing and why she was filming. She said something like, “I just want to capture things that should be documented.”
I feel the same way about things and hope it is something universal. So to continue this on-going project of capturing things that should be documented, I’m starting a new blog.
Based partly on a conversation with Eavvon, I’d like to provide an alternate history of punk rock and hopefully bleed over into other areas of pop music.
I figure with music so much more accessible now, it probably doesn’t mean the same thing to hear The Ramones, Sex Pistols or Black Flag anymore. What I mean is, they used to be the hard stuff, but now, maybe they’re just the gateway drug.
So I hope this doesn’t just become an MP3 blog, I’d like to be something more. I’m going for quality, not quantity here.
1 comment:
I've decided I don't like the title of your blog. But I do like Gravedigger, both the monster truck and the song.
Post a Comment